Reps to Visit
· Washburn University – April 13
· The Bryan Lindstrom Scholarship will award a $1,500 scholarship to a Silver Lake senior. Applications are on Mrs. Liggatt’s website. Deadline is April 26th
· Team Lewis Realtors Scholarship will award a $1,000 scholarship to a Silver Lake senior. Applications are on Mrs. Liggatt’s website. Deadline is May 1st.
· The Silver Lake United Methodist Church will award $250 scholarships to students who are members, parents are members, or to students in youth group with an average GPA. Applications can be found on Mrs. Liggatt’s website. Deadline is April 2nd.
· 6th grade and 8th grade parent meetings
o There will be parent meetings on March 27th to discuss the upcoming transition for next year and the enrollment process. 8th graders will meet at 6:00 and 6th graders will meet at 7:00 in the computer lab at the high school.
· Course Description Books distributed to these groups on March 27th.
o 7th – 8:00
o 8th – 8:15
o 9th – 9:00
o 10th – 9:30
o 11th – 10:00
· Students must select their courses for next year by Friday, March 31st through Powerschool.
· The 9th and 10th grade students will need to report to the computer lab during seminar to update and complete their 4-year plans. Freshman will need to come in on Wednesday, March 29th and sophomores will need to report on Thursday, March 30th.
Washburn Tech Summer Camp
· Registration forms are available for the Washburn Tech Summer Camp online at: washburntech.edu. The cost is $75 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and materials. Call 670-2010 for more information.
· 7th and 8th grade June 5-8
· 9th and 10th grade June 12-15
§ Register for the ACT online at www.actstudent.org. School Code 172-775
· April 8
· June 10
Graduation and College Requirements
SLHS Graduation Requirements
Requirements on how to get into a state university
Requirements for playing sports at a division 1 or 2 school
Make sure the classes you are taking count for the requirements you need!
FAFSA - Federal Student Aid
Generating you FSA ID: https://fsaid.ed.gov
FAFSA4caster - Get an early start on calculating your federal aid eligibility
Financial Aid Help
Financial Aid Tips
Scholarship Search Sites
Mrs. Liggatt is in her seventh year of school counseling. She serves the entire district K-12. She has previously taught five years at Silver Lake as the band director. Mrs. Liggatt is a graduate from Kansas State University with her bachelor's degree in Music Education and from Emporia State University with her master's degree in School Counseling. She has three beautiful daughters and a loving husband.
2016-2017 Master Teacher Schedule
Allen County Community College Information
ACT School Code:172-775
ACT test prep
Allen County College Entrance Exam
Washburn Tech Entrance Exam
Suicide Prevention Life Line:
Kansas School Safety Hotline
Kansas Career Pipeline - Activation Code: N4237828DRR
Find out how each class will transfer to the Universities in Kansas
My Majors - information and quizzes about picking a college major
Free Advisement Report Code: COSP11
American Careers Online Magazine
New Directions Learning Academy
Credit Recovery or Earning your HS Diploma
Drug Information - Prevention, Intervening, Treatment, and Recovery
Needing to send your transcript for a scholarship or to a college complete this form and return to Mrs. Liggatt