The Petroleum & Energy Resources (PER) Division, SLA, is offering a Student Stipend award to help cover expenses at the 2012 SLA Conference in Chicago. The Stipend includes $1,000 plus student registration to the conference plus complimentary entrance to any PER ticketed events. The conference theme is "Practicing Agility in an Open World Economy".
- All Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate level library or information science program and be interested in a career in petroleum or energy librarianship.
- The 2012 SLA Annual Conference in Chicago, IL must be the first SLA conference attended.
- Applicants must be members of SLA by March 15, 2012 to be eligible. Students can access an SLA Membership Application form at: http://www.sla.org/content/membership/joinsla/index.cfm and mail it to the address indicated on that form.
- The recipient may not accept a travel award for the 2012 SLA Annual Conference from any other SLA Division or Chapter.
- Prepare a written statement of approximately 500 words on the following topic: "Practicing Agility in an Open World Economy" Essays should not include what you will do at the Conference. Rather, the essay must incorporate the conference theme and demonstrate the anticipated benefits.
- Please include a letter of recommendation from either a faculty advisor or the SLA Student Group Faculty Advisor.
- Submit the above documents, along with your address, telephone number and email address (if applicable), postmarked no later than March 15, 2012 to:
DPER Awards Chair
LAC Group on assignment at BP
602 Library, 150 W. Warrenville Road
Naperville, IL 60563