It is a free source e-learning software platform, also known as a Course Management System, Learning Management System, or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
It helps educators create online courses with a focus on interaction and collaborative construction of content, and is in continual evolution.
- Social networking: capacity for forming learner groups and friendship groups informally. Most learning happens informally.
- Exchange of content: It is difficult to share activities and content between teachers.
- Ease of use: some parts of Moodle are very easy to use and some are very hard to use.
- Viewing, sharing, commenting on student projects: not so easy. It is easier to do forum discussions or quizzes.
- Face-to-face learning: the physical classroom and its tasks need more integration with an LMS.
Teachers can create their own platforms for students learning on the internet. Then students can go on the platform which teacher created, handing in the homework or sharing the information, etc.
- Training and Development
- Business Settings.