Things you will need:
- 2 bananas
- 6 - 8 fresh strawberries (depending on size)
- 1 medium size loaf of day old bakery Italian or French bread
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups of milk (I use either 1% or skim and it works fine)
- 6 TBSP of sugar
- 2 TSP of cinnamon
- 1 TSP of Vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP of salted butter
- Syrup (optional)
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut up your bread into cubes and put them in the baking dish.
- Slice up your bananas and strawberries and set to the side.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, 1 tsp of the cinnamon, vanilla extract and 2
TBSP of sugar.
- Pour the mixture on top of the bread cubes in the baking dish, letting this
sit and blend together as you finish the rest of the ingredients and the oven
continues to warm up.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place it on top of the bread.
- Mix the remaining cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle it on top of the
bread mixture evenly.
- Top off with your banana and strawberry slices.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes uncovered or until the top is golden
- Top with syrup and powdered sugar if you wish!
The original recipe found here