To do this you need to go get the following…
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup of water
- 10 fajita size soft taco shells
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- Old Elpaso mild taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- Olives –totally optional (you see I didn't use them)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with non stick spray. place 5 tortillas on each sheet
and place in the oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes flip the tortillas over,
while still in the oven and cook for another 5 minutes until they are slightly
golden and crisp around the edges. Remove and set aside when done.
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef. Add your taco seasoning and
water, bring to a boil, let simmer and stir for about ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl, warm up your refried beans in the microwave until they are
warm all the way through.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans on 5 tortillas, add a layer of ground
beef mixture and top off with another tortilla shell.
- Spread 2 TBSP of the taco sauce on top of each tortilla shell. Next add
cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on top of that. Sprinkle each with tomato,
cilantro and green onions (or olives if you like those).