3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 lb angel hair pasta (I opted to use these instead of fettuccini noodles)
2 medium zucchini
1 C shredded parmesan cheese (I used a three cheese because that is all I had in the fridge!)
5-6 cloves garlic
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
Salt and Pepper
- This can be cooked on a grill or the stove top with a skiillet, or a grill pan
- Place chicken in a zip-lock bag with the juice of one lemon, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, and a couple tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Smoosh around and set bag aside while you get your other things ready.
- Put the pot on the stove to boil water for the pasta.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, slice the zucchini in half length-wise. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mince your garlic cloves and add to a small sauce pan on the stove with 1/4 C olive oil. Cook on low-med heat. You will want this to slowly warm to release the flavors of the garlic, not over cook it. Set aside when done.
- When water boils, add pasta and a spoonful of salt.
- Remove chicken from bag and salt and pepper both sides.
- You can remove your chicken from the bag and either begin cooking it on the stove or if your in the mood, grill it, cooking until they are done. If you grill it then grill your zucchini as well. Otherwise cook your zucchini in a separate skillet with a touch of olive oil until its tender and a little brown on both sides.
- While chicken and zucchini are cooking and pasta is boiling, gather your herbs and cheese. Zest both lemons and juice the one that hasn't been juiced.
- When everything is done cooking mix it all together.
- When zucchini and chicken are done, begin chopping them into chunks.
- Drain pasta and immediately place in a big bowl. Place chopped zuch and chicken on top. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, cheese, herbs, and garlic-olive oil mixture.
- Now take some tongs and give everything a big toss. If you feel it needs more moisture, add a little of the pasta water, or a little more olive oil.