You will need:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (93/7)
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (12 To 14 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (10 Ounce) Ro-tel (diced Tomatoes And Chilies)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 1 can (14-ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (14-ounce) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- One large bag of Frito corn chips (or several small ones)
- Low fat or fat free Cheddar Cheese
- Fat Free sour cream (Optional)
- Diced Red Onion (Optional)
- Brown ground beef with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomato
sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to
low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for
another 20 minutes.
- Mix corn meal with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer
for a final 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Pile corn chips, chili and cheese, and diced onion in a bowl.Or if your
heart desires use the small bags of corn chips and just throw it all in
Modified from original version on www.thepioneerwoman.com!