You will need:
- 2 – 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small green bell pepper – sliced into strips
- 1 small yellow or red pepper – sliced into strips
- 1 small onion – sliced into strips
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Cumin – to taste
- Oregano – to taste
- Garlic power – to taste
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded cheese. (I use Sargentos reduced
- Fat free sour cream
- Guacamole (my homemade recipe
or store bought – you choose. Whole Guacamole is a good store bought choice if
you can’t make your own)
- Salsa - optional
- 8 small soft taco size flour tortillas(or whatever type of flour tortillas
you choose to use.)
- Half your chicken breasts so they will cook easier and will be easier to handle.
Season them with the cumin, oregano, garlic power, salt & pepper to your
- Cook chicken until done and no longer pink in the middle.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut up your peppers and onion.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Once cool, slice
them into strips or chunks, which ever you prefer.
- In the same skillet, add the olive oil and the veggies. Cook for about 5
minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken back to skillet and mix in with peppers and onions, turning the
heat to low.
- In a separate skillet warm up the bottom half of your tortilla.
- Add cheese, chicken mixture, salsa, and sour cream. Top with another
tortilla and let it melt the cheese for a few minutes.
- Flip the quesadilla over so the top side is now on the bottom and let it get
a little crispy or toasty.
- Once it’s done remove and repeat for the remaining quesadillas you need.
- Top them off with guacamole, sour cream, salsa or any toppings that float
your boat at the moment.
This recipe serves 4 people.