- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- juice of one lemon (2-3 Tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping Tablespoons Yoplait® Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs Greek seasoning
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 6 pitas or flatbread of your choice
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, yogurt, oregano, Greek seasoning and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Whisk together until mixed well. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Discard marinade after use.
- Cook chicken in a skillet on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into small strips.
- Warm pitas in the microwave. Top with chicken, tzatziki sauce, diced tomatoes and onions.
- Serve immediately.
You will need:
- 16 oz Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cucumber peeled pureed
- 1 Tbs of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbs Lemon Juice
Mix together – let sit in fridge over night to rethicken
Chicken Gyro recipe is orginally from www.tablespoon.com!