You will need:
- 1 descent size head of green cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
**Unhealthy version is to also add a spoonful of bacon grease and salted pork pieces for that extra southern flavor!
- Gather a large skillet that has a lid to cover it and fill the bottom of the pan with water just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Chop up your Bell pepper and onion into chunks. They don’t have to be nice and pretty but you can make them appealable if you like.
- In your skillet with water, add bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. If you are in the need for comfort food this is where you would add the bacon grease and salted pork pieces.
- While the water is boiling chop up your cabbage into eatable pieces. Like the size of wheat thin crackers or maybe a little larger.
- Next add the cabbage to the skillet of boiling water and cover. Turn the heat down to medium low and let this simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will want the cabbage to still have some umpf to to and not be totally limp.