It makes 12 muffins.
You will need:
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped nuts if you prefer those
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line
12 muffin tins with muffin liners and spray them so the muffins will not stick.
- Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add
remaining ingredients to the food processor. (Now I don’t have a food processor
so I used my small chopper to grind the oats and then mixed it all in a large
bowl with the mixer and it worked fine. The processor would’ve probably given me
a smoother texture but mine were just fine.)
- Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. (or nuts or whatever you want to add
- Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until
toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool on a wire rack for just a few minutes and then dig in. They
are amazing when they are warm!
Recipe adapted from here