- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3+ cup toasted cashews, chopped, saving a few whole cashews for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the lemon juice, zest, mustard, shallot, and salt and pepper; set aside.
- Remove any wilted or discolored leaves from your Brussels sprouts. Hold the stem end of the Brussels sprouts and thinly slice them crosswise until you get within 1/2 inch of the stem. Discard the stems and place the sliced sprouts in a large bowl, breaking up the layers and discarding any tough pieces. Set aside
- While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle the oil into the shallot mixture until all of the oil is incorporated
- Add the nuts and drizzle with the dressing. Gently toss until combined. Let sit at room temperature until the sprouts slightly soften , about 15 minutes.
- Toss the salad again and check for seasonings. Add salt, pepper or more lemon juice if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan.