- French Silk Pie...adapted from Jean Webster
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate curls, for serving
- Make the 9 inch pastry crust of your choice. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes, till light and fluffy. With machine running, gradually add melted chocolate and the vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating at medium speed for five minutes after each addition. Pour filling into cooled pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap, and cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, whip one cup of heavy cream, adding sugar and vanilla to taste. I also add an envelope of Whip-It to stabilize the cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.