Makes about 3 dozen
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1) In a large bowl or mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well.
2) Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cream and tartar; stir together until just combined.
3) Cover bowl and chill for at least two hours (up to 24 hours).
4) When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
5) Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball of dough into the cinnamon and sugar topping to coat well.
6) Placed on a greased baking sheet and bake 8-9 minutes. Do not over bake. Allow to cool on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!