8 quality hot dogs or sausages
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup apple cider
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chili sauce (found in the ketchup aisle)
1/4 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1) Prepare marinade by combining garlic, apple cider, and brown sugar; whisk together until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
2) Score hot dogs with an x-pattern and place hot dogs in marinade for 30 minutes or up to overnight (longer is better).
3) While hot dogs are marinading, mix together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
4) When hot dogs are ready to cook, remove from marinade and grill until hot and slightly charred.
5) Serve hot dogs in toasted buns with prepared sauce, chopped onions, dill pickle spear, sauerkraut, and banana peppers. Enjoy!