Google SketchUp Pro supports the import and export of DWG/DXF files. Up until the version 7, SketchUp Free supported the import of DWG/DXF. But with the maintanence release of SketchUp 7.1 Free, supported was removed in exchanged for pushing for greater support of the 3D open source format COLLADA for the future. To ease the transition away from legacy data formats, Google created a free plugin
to import DWG/DXF into SU Free 7.1.
Note: Students qualify
for a student license
of SketchUp Pro, which includes the DWG/DXF importer and exporter.
Using third-party importer/exporters have been possible since SketchUp included the Ruby API in version 4. Third-party importers/exporters may continue to offer the desired support for the still popular DWG/DXF formats.
- DXF_In Importer (alpha) by honoluludesktop.
- LTPlus AI SketchUp exporter to DXF/SLT from ArchitektenInitiative (German/English)
- MeshLab Open source converter. Imports/exports COLLADA and several other 3D formats, including DXF. - Windows, Mac, Linux
- skp_to_dxf Export your Sketchup model as a DXF or STL triangular mesh or as DXF lines.
- SYCODE has commercial exporters for both DWG and DXF.