Soumya Kanti Datta is an expert on Cybersecurity, Cloud Migration, Digital Transformation Strategy, and IoT. He has seven years of research and technology development experience with French national, EIT Digital and EU H2020 projects. His R&TD are based on design thinking and focuses on innovation, standardization of next-gen technologies for IoT verticals. He also consults on Circular Economy - its ideation and implementation.
Soumya has published more than 80 research papers and articles in top ACM and IEEE Conferences, Magazines and Journals. His research papers have been cited more than 1400 times in peer-reviewed publications. Soumya is a Senior Member of IEEE. He leads the activities of IEEE CE Society Future Directions Team on IoT and is an Associate Editor in IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine. He is also involved in W3C Web of Things (WoT) Working Group for WoT standard development activities. He obtained an M.Sc in Communications and Computer Security from Telecom ParisTech (EURECOM), France.
Soumya is the recipient of many awards for his research & leadership from IEEE WF-IoT 2019 (Ireland), IEEE ICII 2018 (USA), EU Datathon 2018 (Belgium), IEEE TenSymp 2018 (Australia), IEEE ISCE 2017 (Malaysia), and IEEE GCCE 2015 (Japan).
- EU H2020 5G CroCo (November 2018 - October 2021)
- AFA SCHEIF (January 2018 - December 2018): This project aims to design a hardware and software reference architecture, decision flows, and additional technical enablers for smart Decentralized Cyber-Physical Environments (D-CPE). As core concept, the project will integrate intelligent, context-aware, connected and responsive agents.
- EIT Digital Drones 112 (January 2018 - December 2018): Developing a mission viewer mobile app and mission supervisor web app for a drone to be used in emergency situations.
- EU H2020 HIGHTS (2016 - 2018): Developed an European Wide Positioning Service Platform exploiting IoT for connected cars.
- French ANR DataTweet (April, 2014 - September, 2017): Designed a data centric IoT architecture and services and developed the EURECOM-IoT Platform.
- French FUI SMART 4G Tablet (March, 2012 - September, 2014): This project aims to monitor, control and optimize power consumption targeting smart devices. This project lead to a technology transfer to a French SME - SunPartner.
- French FUI WL-Box 4G (October, 2012 - December, 2014): This project focuses on performance evaluation of cross platform mobile application development tools (PhoneGap, Appcelerator) and design & development of an IoT Gateway and mobile application for HMI.. This project lead to a technology transfer to a French SME - Mios.
- January 2017 - Present: Contributor to W3C Web of Things Interest and Working Groups.
- August 2015 - Present: Founder, Partner in Future Tech Lab, India.
- May 2015 - Present: Associate Editor of IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Magazine.
- April 2015 - December 2016: Leading a task force on "Discovery and Provisioning" in W3C Web of Things Interest Group.
- January 2014 - Present: Member at IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Future Directions Team on Internet of Things.
- August 2013 - December 2017: Member at Lab-X Foundation, Inc. [Link]
- March, 2012 - Present: Research Engineer, EURECOM, France. [Visit EURECOM homepage]
- July, 2011 - December, 2011: Intern, Mindspeed Technologies, Sophia Antipolis, France.
- June, 2010 - August, 2010: IAESTE Intern at University of Ulster in Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK.
- September, 2010 - January, 2012: M.Sc. in Communication and Computer Security from Telecom ParisTech, France.
- July, 2006 - May 2010: B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology, India.
Key Technical Expertise:
- Rapid prototyping and Technology transfer to the IoT industry.
- MEAN stack, Google VR SDK
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB
- IDE : Eclipse, Android SDK.
- Android skills: NFC, Google Map API, SQLite, Power management, BLE, WebRTC, and more.
- Internet of Things: Full stack development from IoT devices to Cloud based web services.