Best B2B Email Newsletter
for Marketing Purposes
Why Cincom Expert Access Won:
Regular e-Zine publications can be a terrible grind.
After a couple of years on the job, many writers turn out articles more from a sense of duty than a true passion for either the audience or topic; but, not Cincom's editorial staff whose genuine enthusiasm bubbles out of every pixel.
We applaud the sincerity and excitement they bring to the "voice" of each issue. And, obviously the audience, senior-level Fortune 1000 executives, agrees with us.
The click rates are consistently phenomenal.
Expert Access is targeted at senior-level corporate executives, IT and operations managers and buyer committees made up of between 3-12 people from internal business, technology and operations units.
Each issue comprises about 16 articles, the most popular of which are the feature articles (on a variety of topics) and the 'Ask the Expert' section where readers' questions are answered by an expert in the particular subject area.
Because Expert Access spans a range of job titles and industries, it must deliver value by presenting the business benefits of the latest technology advances to corporate and operations managers while at the same time getting under the covers of the latest business and production applications for the IT managers and users.
Expert Access focuses on the following vertical industries: Insurance, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Government and Non-profit.
The mission of Expert Access is to become a trusted and valued resource of objective expert advice to readers worldwide.
Beginning with 5,000 readers, Expert Access now reaches 135,000 people all over the world. Expert Access provides relevant, concise, objective information, sometimes in an irreverent, humorous manner, to help readers do their jobs better, become aware of new ideas, products and services or to occasionally have a B2B laugh.
What Makes Expert Access Different?
Expert Access has partnered with some truly brilliant and forward-thinking business leaders to participate in its 'Ask the Expert' program. Readers can submit questions to this roster of 'experts' for feedback/answers to questions about innovative business strategies and technologies. Some of the experts and contributors include:
- Al Ries, author of 'The Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR';
- Steven Pressfield, author of 'The War of Art,' 'Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae,' and "The Legend of Bagger Vance;
- Dr. David Abshire, Center for the Presidency, author of 'Saving the Reagan Presidency';
- Dave Stein, best-selling business author of 'How Winners Sell', CEO and founder of ES Research Group, The Sales Training Authority.
- Tom Nies, "the epitome of the entrepreneurial spirit of American business." - Former President Ronald Reagan.
- Harvey Mackay,author of the New York Times #1 bestsellers Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive and Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt.
- Bo Burlingham, author of 'Small Giants:Companies That Choose To Be Great Instead of Big';
- Sam Horn, author of 'POP! How To Stand Out in any Crowd';
- Stephanie Palmer, author of 'Good in a Room';
- Lisa Nirell, founder 'Energize Growth';
- Nettie Hartsock, author of 'Start the Press!';
- Marc Seifer, author of 'Wizard; The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla';
- Elliot McGucken, author, poet, artistic entrepreneur and founder of the 'Jolly Roger,' a Web portal hailed as the 'Flagship of the Renaissance';
- Skip Press, author of more than 20 books including 'How to Write What You Want and Sell What You Write';
- Donald Sull, Harvard Business Scool author of "REVIVAL OF THE FITTEST"
- Betty Forbes, Vice President, Christian Children's Fund;
- Dr. Paul Pearsall, international best-selling author of "The Beethoven Factor'"
- Jeff Thull, author of "Mastering the Complex Sale," CEO of Prime Resource Group.
- Marsha Friedman, President Event-Management Services & Talk Radio Guru-ess
- David Meerman Scott, author of "Cashing In With Content"
- JoAnna Brandi, customer loyalty expert and customer retention maven.
- Ken Sutherland, creative impresario and the music behind the film "Savannah Smiles".
- Robert McKee, Screenwriting guru and author of the best-seller "STORY."
In a recent six-month survey, Expert Access readers were asked to rate story selection, usefulness to their daily jobs, content categories, graphic look, responsiveness, professionalism and overall impression.
The survey received responses from all over the world including: China, the UK, Latvia, Brazil, Belgium, Scotland, India, the Philippines, France, Italy, Canada, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Zambia, the Middle East, Finland, Colombia, Eastern Europe, Germany, Indonesia, Malaysia and the United States.
- 93% of readers rated Expert Access as 'excellent' or 'good
- 7% rated the newsletter as 'average
- Less than 4/10 of 1% (.004) opt-out rate. - (A true measure of the popularity of a newsletter is how many recipients opt out.)
- Over 500 readers respond to a call to action or visit Cincom's website to learn more about its products and services with each issue.
Voice of the Reader
Some of the reader quotes collected from the survey:
Inspiring business and customer-focused articles mixed with true leadership qualities.
Articles are insightful and useful. The humor is a welcome change from many other industry newsletters. Excellent job!'
I like the stories with motivational content, the interactive nature, the humorous writing style of the editor and the varied selection of content from diverse sources.'
Expert Access provides up-to-date information on a multitude of levels; one-stop shopping for information from business management to technology.
I really enjoy the Ask the Experts feature.
For an academic, Expert Access is of great value as a snapshot of current business trends and demands. The well-selected articles guarantee that your publication is always welcome in my inbox!'
From all the newsletters I receive, this is the only one I keep for future reading.'
Lots of knowledge, which we can use to profit from instantly.'
I've really enjoyed and found most valuable the 'Shoot the Donkey' interviews I've read lately.
They have lots of insights and humor, and the way they're presented is great (broken up with the insight summary and a donkey graphic).'
“I receive a lot of newsletters via email. Even though I subscribed to all of them, more and more they seem like SPAM. Not so for Cincom's Expert Access. I really look forward to Steve Kayser's "Shoot the Donkey" series. Who wouldn't get drawn in by the title "Shooting the Donkey in the Complex Sales Process ... Hollywood Style" or "I came, I saw, I shot two donkeys." But it's not just the creative title, the articles follow through with the same wry wit and humor. Then you realize they actually say something you can use to improve your business practices. I get to learn something useful and enjoy the process -- what a concept! Steve ought to write a book. I don't know if these are all published in one place, or you have to work your way back to last November's Expert Access, but in either case it's worth reading the whole series. Now, if I could just get rid of the real SPAM...”
Director, Business Development
GemStone Systems, Inc.
“You are hitting the hot business topics that business leaders should be discussing today, regardless of what business they are in."
- Leading Edge Consulting
“As a non-profit organization, it gives us the opportunity to view new ideas and ways of maximizing without going to the expense of researching on our own."
Christian Children's Fund
“Good value since it presents good information on relevant business topics. The topics provide pieces of information I can use right away and larger topics that are relevant to evaluate for implementing on a larger scale.”
Application Development Supervisor
“Well-organized information is useful to me from a time perspective.”
I believe that the setup of Expert Access allows me to catch up on the latest news at a quick glance. It keeps me informed on the latest developments in the CRM marketplace as well as providing me with relative documents. I really enjoy the "Ask the Experts" feature. - Magazine Editor
Inspiring ideas to get me out of my content creation routine. Web Editor
For an academic your Newsletter is of great value as a snapshot of current business trends and demands in CRM and ECM. The well selected articles guarantee that your newsletter is always welcome in my inbox! – Senior Lecturer
I really like the Customer Service articles and suggestions. Newsletter is formatted well and easy to read. –
I've really enjoyed and found most valuable the two "Shoot the Donkey" interviews I've read lately. They have lots of insights and humour, and the way they're presented is great (broken up with the insight summary and donkey graphic). - Project Officer - Australia
Excellent overall look and content. Continue the good work. - EDV-Beratung Rsgen – Germany
Seeing through the fog of detail to the required decisive actions is refreshing -Group IT Contract Manager - Scotland
The value is that it makes me look at what we are doing. Not letting things become old. - President – Marketing Group
The chosen articles under the category of "Customer Relationship Strategies" are superb in nature. Thanks a lot and keep up the good job. Would also appreciate it if you could include expert articles on different operational areas of managing a successful contact center. These may include Call Quality Monitoring, Strategic Planning, Performance Management, Contact Center Recruitment Methodologies and Strategies etc. Thanks.
Excellent story selection - Project Manager – University of Colorado
It is interesting to see more of a business perspective. – Professor - University of Vermont
Excellent value – Feature- CRS- BPM sections – CRM project manager - Scania Latvia
The newsletter layout is very good and contents especially on expert profile is fantastic. R & D - Zambia State Insurance Corp.
In information and advice in your articles have proved practically valuable in assisting me and my colleagues (who I forward the articles to)in achieving our organizations objectives. Keep up the good work! - Sr. Program Manager Global Ops -