Crayon Quilts - Create a quilt that will have you feeling like a kid again. With a few crayons and a little imagination, you can work wonders.
Embroidery & dolls from The Birdhouse in Australia
Patterns etc. (these are in addition to those found on the fabric manufactuer's sites)
- McCall's Quilting has just posted a Girl Scout and Boy Scout Banner on their Blog at http://www.mccallsquilting.com/blogs/blog/2010/12/29/web-exclusive-scout-quilts/.
- Amy Butler Design - lots of fresh and funky designs
- Quilt - The World's Oldest & Largest Quilting Site
- About.com:Quilting - Learn about & how to quilt
- McCalls Quilting - McCalls offers block patterns, quilt top patterns and online lessons
- looking for blocks?
- looking for quilt tops? Thet are grouped by type, contemorary, kids, patriotic etc.
- Tipnut.com - she's also got 28 beginner's quilts here, one for almost any taste.
- Quilt Magazine - patterns, blogs, supplies review, sewing projects
- Quiltling Arts - magazine devoted to embelishments, patterns, blogs, tutorials
- Free Quilt Patterns - There are 1320 different sites linked below and they all offer free quilt patterns!!
- Block Central - Quilt blocks & Block of the Month Quilt patterns
- Quilters Cache - Home of a Gazillion traditional and lots of original block designs
- Quilt Block Library - Hundreds of patterns, many free and how-to videos to walk you thru construction of block
- All People Quilt - a little bit of everything
- Paper Piecing - Carol Doak has provided quite a few paper pieced patterns, from beginner to advanced
- Jinny Beyer Studio - here are Block-a-week, you can create a quilt with their design board and download patterns for free. In addition to a new block is added each Friday, and new features will be added periodically
- Eleanor Burns - Quilt in a Day free patterns & tutorials, as well as TV programs & videos
- C & T Publishing is kicking off a new blog and on-line catalog. Bloomin' Hearts from the new Cute as a Button book is adorable. They also have shared the Happy Birthday Cake wallhanging, and a roll-up checkerboard that is easy to make & fun to use.
This is a cute idea Patchwork Keychain from the Quilted Paradise Newsletter. This small size makes it somewhat of a challenge!
- Victoriana Quilt Designs has some complementary patterns. A Charming Quilt is one of these though it is on the favecraft site. It uses charm squares and 1-1/2 in strips.
- Connecting Threads has quite a few free patterns, using quite a few techniques and they have tutorials to help you learn how to do them. Check out their paper piecing using freezer paper as an example, for others here is a link to their 99 quilting tutorials.
- About.com has hundreds of patterns and many tutorials for all skill levels, check out the various threads for there is something for everyone.
- Favecrafts.com has quite a few options in addition to the ones from C & T Publishing shown above.
- Quilting Assistant.com - Free quilt pattern & resource website, has some great ideas for not so plain borders
Block of the Month (BOM), Series & Mystery Quilts
As with everything else there are plenty of these programs out there, though you need to hunt for ones that are not thru a quilt shop (these are basically a quilt kit that you receive blocks on a monthy basis) .
- Mystery Quilt "Faerie Stones" http://mysimystery.wordpress.com/
- BOMquilts.com - free blocks of the month quilt patterns (and more!) for every quilter
- USA-State Blocks - from BellaOnline, these are block patterns only. Cutting instructions and fabric requirements for quilts will not be given. Also, not every block will be the same size.
- Debbie Mumm - has a new site celebrating 25 years of design. She has archived 5 years of BOM Quilts as well as numerous other quilting and craft projects.
Sewing Projects 'n More if you don't find something here check out the Go Green Recycle project page
- Love to sew - projects for Brownies and Juniors, other free patterns
- Fabric.com occasionally has patterns to download here's a few
- Burda Style - free paterns & projects from Burda patterns
- All Free Sewing - free patterns to keep you in stitches
- T-shirt Redo from this Mama makes Stuff blog, this will also work for Polos (there are many other tutorials on this blog, quite a few additional refashions).
- Flowery Fun Skirt from the Sew Daily Community
- The Jersey Skirt from Ruffles & Stuff, also check out her other tutorials, there are many more, this page directs you to different catergories!
- Personalized Towels also from Sew Sisters
- My Growing Home has cute tutorials for Mom, and the kids. It has little boy patterns, you don't see many of those.
- You Can Make This - sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting and more. This link is to free patterns
- Bags & Totes
- Guess I should just have section for Tipnut.com, they have links to almost anything you casn thinkl of , here are a few that I thought you might be interested in w/ regard to sewing & quilting
- Scrap Book - Keep fabric swatches for your next quilt project close at hand in a charming "scrap" book from All People Quilt
- Fabric Shoppers Unite via KikiQuilts.com