Quilting Sites - There are so many other sites, I've listed just a few here.
- The Moda Bake Shop - is a division of Moda Fabrics that provides online recipes which you can use with the wide range of Moda Pre-cuts. Tutorials for various moda projects sheets will be illustrated with step by step pictures. Some techniques and products will also be featured throughout. It is updated at least once a week.
- Riley Blake Designs - this site has a great assortment of patterns & tutorials at the Cutting College
- Stitched in Color blog has a great Colorblock Stitch Along. This tutorial has step by step instructions with photos to accompany each step, awesome.
- BellaOnline-Quilting- Step by step instructions giving photo examples demonstrating different quilting techniques. One easy to follow one I found very helpful was on Foundation Paper Piecing.
- Inklingo - a blog by Linda Franz up north in Canada. She's included Youtube tutorials and has a neat system that allows you to use feezer paper and fabric that you print the "template" on with your printer.
- Wonder How To - how-to-foundation-piece-quilt-block amoung 140+ other quilting enties. The tutorials & Youtube videos seem very well done easy to follow!
- Quilting BoardSM - The Quilter's Message Board has hundreds of tutorial made by it's membersand you can email the "author" with any questions.
- Quilt-in-a-Day from Cloud 9 Fabrics Blogspot this is a great 1st quilt, no binding, and it can be tied not quilted.
- Quilt Class 101 - is an online quilting course by a blogger in Australia. Her blog is named Chasing Cotton - this will be a fun one to follow along with.
- Simple Tied Quilt from Cicada Day Dream Blogspot Very simple, basically 2 pieces of fabric + batting tied with embroidery floss
- Quilters TV Many things to chose from, beginner thru advanced.
- All People Quilt - Pillowcases
- Missouri Star Quilt Co. currently has a 105 lessons on You-tube.
- A great tip for making Pinwheels or any half-square triangle is shown in this video
- Have a lot of T-shirts around, here's a great way to use them.
- Fence Rail quilt for beginners
- McCalls Quilting - McCalls offers block patterns, quilt top patterns and online lessons
- Quilt Block Library - Hundreds of patterns, many free and how-to videos to walk you thru construction of block
- Kindle or iPad cover from National Sewing Month.org
- Anna Lena Land - bow tie block, 3D bow tie
- Jinny Beyer Tips & Lessons
- Quilting Library - A library of useful links for quilters
Frequently Asked Questions - there's always something you can learn from these sites.
Sewing Tutorials -
- Bernina has some great videos for buttonholes, seams & stitches, zippers, bias binding & thread tension.
- Bow Bag from FaveCrafts
- Reversible Patchwork Bag tutorial from the Pink Penguin blog
- Anna at the Noodlehead blog has tutorials for all sorts of things, but she loves zippered pouches and totes.
- All Free Sewing - free patterns to keep you in stitches, has patterns & tutorials for many things.
- The Purl Bee has a great travel kit
- 4 Sisters have a love of fashion, many items are shown in their tutorials.
- JCaroline Creative has an excellent tutorial for a very cute tote bag.
- Sew4home has lots of neat projects to make and use everyday...check out the curling iron cover, jewlery bag and other travel accessories, you could be the next Vera Bradley
- April at BY SMALL MEANS has a cute zippered pouch tutorial
- Want sonething cutting edge? Check out Urban Threads they have a wide assortment of ideas, tutorials and embroidery patterns.
- Comfort Stitching has this cute & easy tissue box cover made with pre-quilted fabric
- The 2 Little Hooligans blog has cute projects that would make great gifts for family & friends once you've made yourself 1 :)
- Dyeing Fabric
- Tye-dyeing is still going strong after it invaded the pop culture 50 years ago. Today, tie-dye can be both retro and modern, high style or low, garish or subtle. Anything can be tie-dyed - T-shirts, jeans, sheets, pillowcases, fabric, scarves, and sportswear. Check it out here at Rit Dye.
- 500 colors. One click. A new interactive tool is designed to help you mix exactly the color you want.
- Quilting Games & Quilting Sayings from Grandma's Attic Quilting
- Quilt Dedications from The Golden Thimble a site deticated to the love of quilting.
- Quilting Together - fun freebies from a Quilting Together Event in Chicago
- Disney Family Fun - Teach kids the fine art of fabric work with these fun crafts that also make great gifts
- A little bit of everything at Love To Know- Crafts