I'm Stephen Elliott. Excuse the boring template.
For a broader look at my job history, see my LinkedIn profile
Things I've worked on:
While at the Bank of England (central bank of the UK):
- Various search applications using Autonomy IDOL, over datasets including economic time series.
- An economic forecasting system (COMPASS) which can parse, construct and solve DSGE economic models - while keeping all the checks and balances needed to produce an auditable economic forecast.
- Matlab code to construct official UK yield curves using a variable roughness penalty method (based on cubic splines).
While at QuBit (a startup founded by ex-Google staff):
- High-throughput components of MapReduce systems (using Hive and Cascading, programming in Java and Clojure)
- Real-time processing of huge volumes of real-world data, using Storm together with Trident abstractions.
You're welcome to message me via LinkedIn, or email elliott dot sp at gmail.