LEARNING + THE BRAIN
- How People Learn: An Evidence-Based Approach - 6 principles every teacher should know about how kids learn (this comes from a larger report, The Science of Learning)
- Top 20 Principles From Psychology for PreK–12 Teaching and Learning - psychological principles with concrete implications and strategies for teachers.
- The Role of Metacognition in Learning and Achievement - Helping students think about their thinking (metacognition) allows them to become better learners.
- Why Students Forget—and What You Can Do About It - Certain strategies can help students increase and strengthen synaptic connections around new knowledge, helping to keep the knowledge from being forgotten.
- What We Know About Purpose & Relevance from Scientific Research - When students believe that what they're doing at school connects to something they care about and/or their own long-term goals, motivation and perseverance kick in. This 4-page report dives into the importance of purpose and relevance in learning.