The side navigation can be put in two modes: automatic and manual.
When in automatic mode, pages automatically appear in the sidebar when created, and are removed when they are deleted.
In manual mode, pages can be added and removed via the navigation configuration.
1. Access the site layout page using "Edit sidebar" at the bottom of the sidebar.
2. Access the navigation configuration using "Edit" on the box labeled "Navigation."
Check or uncheck "Automatically organize my navigation". In Automatic mode (pages automatically appear in the sidebar when created) you can select the number of levels of your site hierarchy. If you uncheck "Automatically organize my navigation" you will get options to manually organize your navigation.
add them directly from the page via page settings.
The dialog that pops up allows you to find your pages in many ways:
1. Search for the page name.
2. "My changes": this shows the last pages that you have modified.
3. "Recent Site Activity": this view shows you the most recent pages in the entire site that have been modified.
4. "Site map": this allows you to navigate the entire site hierarchy to select the page to add.
Enter in your url or email address that you want to include and the text to display.
In the Page Settings dialog, check "Show this page in the sidebar". Pages added through this method will be added to the bottom of the navigation. You will need to manually organize your navigation items from the "Configure Navigation" dialog.