8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
1 T olive oil
4 oz. finely diced pancetta (some markets sell it like this)
1/4 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup frozen peas or soy beans
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add pancetta. Cook until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towel-lined plate. Clean out oil from skillet, but you will use the same skillet later so do not put away.
2. Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta. Once boiling, add a generous amount of salt and pasta. Cook until al dente.
3. While pasta is boiling, combine egg, milk and Parmesan in a bowl. Whisk to combine, then place in skillet.
4. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add immediately to egg mixture in skillet. Toss to combine over low heat.
5. Add peas or soy beans, and toss until warmed.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot, with more Parmesan cheese, of course.