Makes 2 bowls
1 bunch kale (I used black kale), stems removed and chopped
2 cups diced sweet potato
1 bunch broccolini, stems removed
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and outer skins removed
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups cooked wild rice or brown rice
1 avocado, halved and sliced
Olive oil and hot sauce for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, place sweet potatoes, kale and broccolini. Drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes, flipping veggies halfway through. Remove, cover with foil and set aside.
3. In the meantime, place garbanzo beans in a bowl and add cumin, chili powder, salt and minced garlic. Toss to coat.
4. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add beans and sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until beans have a nice crunch.
5. To assemble bowls, add rice first, then roasted veggies, beans and avocado. Sprinkle with olive oil, hot sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.