This web page will help you determine if you need a visa to attend the Sinkhole Conference.
- Citizens of countries that qualify for the Visa Waiver Program, with the proper travel documents, do not need visas to enter the United States.
- For those who require a visa, the Sinkhole Conference Organizing Committee can provide information about the conference which may assist in the visa application process.
- The Organizing Committee has no control over the visa application process or the decision of the visa adjudicator in the appropriate Embassy or Consulate.
For the proper procedures for applying for visas to travel to the United States, check the website for the U.S. Embassy in your home country. To find the embassy websites or to see if your country is part of the Visa Waiver Program, go to http://www.travel.state.gov
U.S. visa policy is dynamic and changes in policies and procedures between now and the conference date are possible. Thus, intending visitors should take responsibility for being familiar with the visa policies and application procedures in their home countries. In some instances, visa application procedures may take a few months, so intending sinkhole conference participants should begin their processing as early as possible.
While the conference cannot be responsible for actual visa issuances, the conference chairman can provide information about the conference itself which in some cases may assist in the visa application process. You may also request a letter of invitation to the conference for your visa by contacting the Program Chairman Lynn Yuhr at email@example.com and providing the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your date of birth
- Your passport number (if you have your passport now)
- A description of any previous visits to the US (when, for how long, and for what conferences or activities)
- A brief biography of your conference-related activities, education, job, and position in related organizations.
Your invitation letter will be sent to you by regular airmail with a copy in PDF format via e-mail. Letters cannot be e-mailed or sent directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
If you are unable to obtain a Visa, cancellations must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline listed on the registration page of this website. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after that date.