- Distance education, or distance learning, is a field of education that
focuses on the pedagogy, technology, and instructional system designs that aim
to deliver education to students who are not physically "on site" in a
traditional classroom or campus.
- Educational situation in which the instructor and students are separated by
time, location, or both.
- Classes taught over satellite or local television, by video tape or CD ROM,
through the Internet and by correspondence. Some may be regularly scheduled;
others may be taken when most convenient for the student's
- establishment where a seat of higher learning is housed, including
administrative and living quarters as well as facilities for research and
- The members of this collectively
- An educational institution designed for instruction, examination, or both,
of students in many branches of advanced learning, conferring degrees in various
faculties, and often embodying colleges and similar institutions
- a large and diverse institution of higher learning created to educate for
life and for a profession and to grant degrees
- the body of faculty and students at a university
- The grounds and buildings of such an institution
After completing my 1st yr of Business Admin, I
moved to Ontario. Wanting to finish the course, I decided to do Online Learning.
It has been a great experience. Thanks NSCC for making this possible.
Jennifer tutors her online chemistry students;
they have an exam the next day.