Before applying please read the FAQs page to make sure you can fulfill all program requirements.
Application materials must be completed and submitted in their entirety. Applicants with incomplete application packages will not be considered for a Sinai Research Associates position.
The application deadline for the 2013-2014 term has passed. The term runs from June 2013 to May 2014. All questions about the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application package consists of eight components (volunteer application, CV, four training modules, immunization record, and letter of good academic standing) to be submitted and your shift preferences. Each component must be completed to be considered for admission. Please create an individual PDF for each component of the application and include your name in the title of these files. Submit all PDFs in ONE email to email@example.com. Please title the email as follows: "First Name Last Name - SRA 2013-2014 Application Submission."
If you are a returner you must also complete all eight components of the application and submit them according to the directions outlined above. Please indicate in your email that you are a returner.
1. The Sinai Research Associates Volunteer Application: click below to download. Don't forget to include a copy of a valid photo ID (either a driver's license or passport photo page).
2. A SIGNED and DATED copy of your current CV (ie, your resume).
3. Training Modules: We require applicants to submit certificates of completion for four web-based training modules. Instructions for the completion of these modules are available below.
4. Immunization record: Mount Sinai requires all volunteers to submit proof of immunization for certain illnesses. These required vaccinations are outlined in the Immunization Requirements document below. Please note that per Mount Sinai, PPD tests and flu shots must be re-administered yearly. If the flu shot is no longer available, make sure to get one as soon on possible.
5. Selection of shift preferences: Click on the Sinai Shifts - Schedule tab on the left and select 8 shift times for which you are available to volunteer. Number your selected shifts in decreasing order of preference (1 = most preferred time) and put a 0 in all time slots for which you are not available.6. Letter of Good Academic Standing: You must be a student, enrolled in an academic program for the 2013-2014 school year to participate in the SRA program. Contact your academic advisers to obtain this; they will know what it is. The letter is required by the hospital to prove you're actively enrolled in collegiate studies and are receiving passing marks for the current academic year. If you plan to start an academic program in the Fall, please provide enrollment verification letter from their school. We do not require disclosure of your GPA.