Simpson County Courthouse, Built 1882
Simpson County was formed in 1819. The county was named in honor of Captain John
Simpson an early Indian fighter who fought at the Battle of Fallen Timber in
the Northwest Indian War. He was one of
many Kentucky victims at the Battle of River Raisin during the War of
1812. The courthouse, built in 1882, is
listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Kentucky. Locals refer to the area surrounding the
courthouse as "Franklin Square."