JOBS AT SILICON SAPPHIRE
We are constantly seeking talent in all areas of expertise of video game development. Contact us at email@example.com
PROGRAMMER POSITIONS OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
Participating in program design & architecture
Designing and coding game systems
Assisting with the scheduling of programming activities & tasks with respect to the schedule
B.S. degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience
Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently
Interested in advancing the state of the art in game technologies and development methodologies
Experience in the Game Industry & in iPhone, iPad development
Understanding of multi-platform development
Asset: Unity, Xcode and Visual Studio knowledge
Asset: Android development knowledge
Asset: Personal App projects in the App Store
SENIOR RENDERING ENGINEER JAN 2018
This is a “Full-time” position.
Silicon Sapphire LA is looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our team.
Silicon Sapphire LA develops tools and techniques for high-quality computer graphics and simulation.
As a part of Silicon Sapphire LA you will develop new techniques for real-time rendering, deliver tools and technology that empower storytellers, and collaborate with our sister company to leverage existing knowledge and solutions. You will set new bars for what can be achieved with real-time rendering.
• Investigate, prototype, and implement solutions for high-fidelity rendering in a real-time context.
• Extend and create solutions for lighting, VFX, post-processing
• Provide deep domain expertise in the area of rendering.
• Work with artists to develop and implement their vision.
• Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively.
• Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team.
• Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
• Strong graphics background
• Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages as well as MEL script.
• Deep experience of one or more of industry standard graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, Etc)
• Deep experience of shader languages (HLSL/GLSL/Cg)
• Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
• 7+ years of prior experience of coding in the role of Graphics Engineer
• Experience of developing Global Illumination solutions
• Experience with GPGPU or Compute shaders on environments
• Understanding of software-based renderers (e.g. RenderMan, Arnold, Maxwell, V-Ray, etc)
• Experience with DCC tools such as Maya/Max
• Experience of subdivision surfaces