Tel: (+972) 77 887 1503
Office: Fishbach 408-5 (TCE)
Electrical Engineering Department
My focus is on building computer systems with programmable computational accelerators: GPUs, DSPs, FPGAs. I work on a broad range of systems projects on hardware architecture, programming tools, operating systems, security and privacy, high concurrency servers and smart I/O devices. All these projects strive to solve some of the challenges that complicate the design of efficient and fast systems with programmable accelerators. I am also interested in applications of accelerators to machine learning and high performance computing.
A high-level overview of my research agenda is available here: [video] [slides].
Google scholar profile
- [HotOS17] "Omnix: an accelerator-centric OS for omni-programmable systems"
- [TOCS16] "GPUnet: networking abstractions for GPUs"
- M. Silberstein, S. Kim, A. Wated, Y. Hu, X. Zhang, S. Huh, E. Witchel
- High performance SGX enclaves
- OS abstractions for smart NICs
- Operating system services for GPU programs
- GPUnet: Network sockets for GPUs.
- GPUrdma: GPU-side Infiniband verbs
- GPUfs: File System support for GPUs. See my talk at GTC2012. Our ASPLOS13 paper is here. The source code is now available from GITHUB.
- Privacy in mobile systems
EE046278/CS046278 - [ugrad/grad] Accelerators and Accelerated Systems
EE048991 Spring 2015 - [grad] Design and implementation of Deep Learning Systems
EE046209 Winter 2015,16 - [ugrad/grad] Operating systems structure
EE046274 Spring 2014,15,16 - [ugrad/grad] GPU-accelerated systems
EE048961 Winter 2014,16 - [grad] Selected topics in Operating Systems Design and Implementation
EE046274 Spring 2011 - [grad] Programming Massively Parallel Processors
CS236370 Autumn 2010 - [ugrad] Concurrent and Distributed Programming
CS236804 Spring 2010 - [grad] Seminar on parallel algorithms and applications for GPUs
CS236371 Spring 2010 - [ugrad] Project in parallel and distributed programming
2017: SOSP, Middleware, MaRS (PC Chair and organizer)
2016: Systor (PC Chair), MaRS, PACT, VEE
2015: Systor, Eurosys
2014: Systor, ASPLOS external, SOSP poster
2013: IPDPS, CCGrid, SFMA, Systor
- MSc [2017- ] Tanya Brokhman, "A unified page cache in heterogeneous systems"
- MSc [2016 - ] Lior Zeno, "Streaming applications on smart NICs"
- PhD [2016 - ] Meni Orenbach, "Efficient OS abstractions for GSX enclaves"
- PhD [2016 - ] Haggai Eran,"OS abstractions for network application accelerators"
- MSc [2016- ] Vasilis Dimitsas, "I/O prefetcher for GPUs"
- MSc [2016-2017] Shai Vaknin, "Distributed training of DNNs via direct GPU I/O"
- MSc [2015-2017] Shai Bergman "High performance Disk I/O on GPUs"
- MSc [2014-2017] Amir Wated, "High concurrency servers on GPUs"
- MSc [2014-] Sagi Shahar, "Support for mmap on GPUs" [ now @Google]
- MSc [2014-2015] Mattan Hamilis (with Eli Ben-Sasson), "High Performance Additive FFT in finite fields" [now @ IDF]
- MSc [2014-] Feras Daud "High performance network I/O on GPUs" [ now @ Mellanox]
I received my PhD in Computer Science at the Technion in 2010, under the supervision of Assaf Schuster and Dan Geiger.. My
thesis is on the mechanisms for building supercomputing systems using
large-scale distributed, unreliable resources and graphical processing
units (GPUs). I spent two years at the UT Austin as a post-doc with Prof. Emmett Witchel.
Natalia Silberstein homepage
Boris Silberstein homepage