- Manipal University, formerly known as Manipal Academy of Higher Education or MAHE for short, is a deemed university in Manipal, Karnataka, India. It has over 20,000 students from over 50 countries in the main campus. The university has branch campuses in Bangalore, Mangalore, and Dubai.
- the largest city in India and one of the largest cities in the world; located in eastern India; suffers from poverty and overcrowding
- Much cooler name for Calcutta.
- A port and industrial center in eastern India, capital of the state of West Bengal, the second largest city in India; pop. 10,916,000. It is situated on the banks of the Hooghly River near the Bay of Bengal
- Kolkata (Bengali), is the capital of the Indian state of West Bengal. Kolkata is the cultural capital of India and the commercial capital of Eastern India. It is located in eastern India on the east bank of the Hooghly River.
- a geographical area and former kingdom in northeastern India in the Himalaya Mountains between Nepal and Bhutan
- A state in northeastern India, in the eastern Himalayas, between Bhutan and Nepal, on the border with Tibet; capital, Gangtok. After British rule, it became an Indian protectorate and then, in 1975, a state of India
- Sikkim (Lepcha: '; Limbu: , one of the fortified place ; Standard Tibetan: , bras ljongs; Denzong; Demojongs'''; Nepali: , i.e. the Goodly Region, or Shikim, Shikimpati or Sikkim'' of the English and Indians…) is a landlocked Indian state nestled in the Himalayas.
- Sikkim is a documentary about the nation of Sikkim, directed by Satyajit Ray in 1971. The documentary was commissioned by the Chogyal (King) of Sikkim at a time when he felt the sovereignty of Sikkim was under threat from both China and India. Ray's documentary is about the sovereignty of Sikkim.
Manipal University Bldg
New Manipal University Building
manipal university Hostel