Siena College offers the Saturday Seminars for Urban Scholars After School Program to elementary, middle, and high school students from the Albany, NY school district.
Students are bused to the Siena College campus to work on a range of science, technology, engineering, art, and math projects (STEAM) with Siena undergraduate students. The projects offered this semester are listed below. For more information about the program, contact Dr. Michele McColgan at (518) 782-6748 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Schedule 2017
- Fall Program Dates: Oct 22, 29, Nov 5, 12, 19, Dec 4
- Kerbal Space Program - students use KerbalEDU to learn the science of space exploration
- Galacticraft - students use Minecraft to learn about the physics of rockets
- Games and Apps - students experiment with a range of games and apps using AppInventor, Scratch, Little Bits, among others.
- Physics with Minecraft - students use Minecraft to simulate and learn basic concepts in physics
- Minecraft: Learn to Make Mods: students develop basic computer programming skills by learning to make cool mods for Minecraft
- Project Learning Information & Technology (LIT) - students explore STEM topics in environmental sciences, augmented realities, and others
- Cooking - students are introduced to culinary and nutrition science in one of Siena's dining hall kitchens
- Painting - students engage in a range of art projects and activities to basic design principles and skills