Post date: Jan 23, 2016 3:47:48 PM
In addition to our normally scheduled convention activities, we are going to kick off ShushCon with some sessions dedicated to helping other librarians establish their own geek related activity days. We have a suggested schedule for possible discussions listed below, but the final schedule will be created by attendees Unconference style. Anyone, teachers, librarians, or even patrons, are invited to attend these free sessions and share your insights about how to cultivate geek friendly pursuits in your library, community, or school. Please bring games, program fliers, and other activity ideas to share.
Unconference activities start at 8:00 am on Friday March 11th, and will run until after lunch. After lunch our standard ShushCon activities will continue and all Shush Unconference participants are invited to stick around and play.
8:00 – 9:00
- Welcome and introductions
- Door Prizes
- Break down into different discussion groups
9:00 – on Games
- Attendees will learn how to play a variety of popular games and show off games they have found successful at their library.
- Local games enthusiasts & ShushCon Volunteers showing off a variety of tabletop board, card, and RPG, games.
After lunch standard open games will focus more on hobby and game enthusiast games, but lite party and social games will be available for any librarians not interested in heavier games.
We will be ready to facilitate discussions and share our experiences on these topics, but I encourage participants to come with their own questions and ideas for sessions.
- 9:00 Video Game Consoles 101
- 10:00 Minecraft 101 What is Minecraft, setting up a server, Minecraft Adventures
- 11:00 Artemis 101
- 12:00 MOBAs
- 1:00 STEAM
- 2:00 Game Tournaments
- 9:00 Discussion on using board & card games to support activities
- 10:00 Organized Play RPGs & Pathfinder society
- 10:00 Reaching out to game companies, local gamers, and demo teams
- 11:00 Reviews and game resources
- 12:00 Game Design
- 2:00 Escape Rooms
- 9:00 Cosplay Basics
- 10:00 Cosplay activities
- 11:00 Manga and Anime activities at your library
- 12:00 – 2:00 Anime samples and familiarization