UPDATE as of 3/24:
A current SHRM member is leaving her current HR internship at Gross Mendelsohn, They will need a replacement intern. An announcement will post on Hire@TU soon.
Company website: http://www.gma-cpa.com/
As HR internship and job opportunities arrive we will post them. In the meantime, we do have a few additional resources to search for opportunities as a SHRM and CHRA member. Some internships may not be useful for school credit, but are still a great tool to gain experience within the field of HR.
Prepare for interviews!
Use Big Interview, an online system provided by TU to help improve your interview technique and build confidence! Whether your interviewing for a school or job, Big Interview narrows down to job, department, organization, and school!
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management.
- To join SHRM you can check out the membership benefits and register at http://www.shrm.org/about/membership/pages/default.aspx.
- Find posted job opportunities at http://jobs.shrm.org/.
- For graduating HR students looking to build your resume and stand out to employers, look into taking SHRM’s Assurance of Learning Assessment at https://www.shrm.org/academicinitiatives/aol/pages/default.aspx. Dr. Yong- Yeon Ji, our Towson SHRM faculty advisor, teaches MNGT 491, an independent study course for this assessment of knowledge.
- Chesapeake Human Resource Association (CHRA) is a non-profit Human Resources (HR) organization with nearly 900 members and two student chapters. CHRA is the local Baltimore area chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management.
- To join the CHRA you can check out the membership benefits and register at http://www.chra.com/?page=2. Towson SHRM participates in several CHRA networking events here in the Baltimore area, so it is a great idea to become a member today and attend events as a group! Additional local internship opportunities can be found at http://www.chra.com/?36.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the executive board.
If you are interested in continuing your education with a master's degree online, please click this link to find programs that interest you! www.Mastersdegreeonline.org