iShuffle Windows Integration
Add music to your iPod shuffle by playlist - without iTunes!
This is a super easy set of batch files I wrote to work with another freeware app, iShuffle.
Create playlists in Winamp. Replace all the music on your iPod at one time merely by right-clicking on the playlist and selecting "Send to Shuffle" from My Computer. Switch out playlists for your mood, the day of the week, who you're dating...the possibilities are endless! It's super easy and super cool.
Best of all, it's free. So what are you waiting for? Get the program!
*Note: A few users have mentioned difficulties running this program in Windows Vista. As I don't have a computer with Vista installed for testing, I cannot confirm or deny this and am unable to update this set of scripts for compatibility with Vista. Sorry!
- Download the file.
- Extract the iShuffle folder to C:\.
- Connect your shuffle to your computer.
- Open My Computer and take note of the drive letter assigned to your shuffle.
- Run setup.bat (in C:\iShuffle) and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Create playlists of your music using Winamp. Don't use Windows Media player - the playlists that it creates won't work with this program.
- Right-click on a playlist in My Computer and select Send to Shuffle.
- When the program is done, you will see a gray window that tells you your shuffle was successfully updated. Close the window and you can choose to disconnect your iPod immediately in the program.
- If you need to change the drive letter of your shuffle later, just run ipod_letter.bat and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Changed how playlist file is parsed (slightly faster)
- Added option to eject iPod when playlist is fully copied
- Initial release