- The bow is at a 90-degree angle to the strings.
- The fingers stay over the fingerboard.
- Correct posture will help, AND must continue while the player is in motion.
- A relaxed left thumb and hand make playing in tune so much easier.
--Reminders to Help You Focus
- Face the bow hair.
- 1-2-3-4-5-6. Count your way to correct posture.
- Focus (the bow path and/or the left hand).
- Count the pulse.
- "Map" the motion for the left hand.
- Practice slowly.
- Keep it simple. (Practice on one goal at a time.)
- Musical success is measured by result, not by good intentions.
- Bow wrist "Pops-Up" on the upbow.
- Work easy.
- Contact point + bow speed + weight = Tone
- Friction induces string tone.
- Play in tune and have a singing sound.
USE THE CLOCK!
- Advancing Players: Slow and Steady. -10 -20 -30 -60-second bow strokes. Can you do it?
- Beginners: 1-2-33-4-5-6. Balance a Hershey Kiss in the pegbox for -5 -10 -15 -20 -30... Can you learn to balance your instrument for 2 minutes???
|Selection||File type icon||File name||Description||Size||Revision||Time||User|