1. Bullitt County Adult Learning Center- 543-3769/ http://www.bcadulted.org/alc/
2. Bullitt County Board of Education- 543-2271/ http://www.bullittschools.org/web2.0/
You can sign up for notices with the board and be notified of school closings and other useful information.
3. Bullitt County Health Department/WIC Office- 543-2415/ http://www.bullittcountyhealthdept.com/
The Health Department is just for WIC. For many adults without health insurance for ourselves the health department can be an affordable solution. For more in depth medical needs you can also visit the Portland Health Clinic- 774-8631/ http://www.fhclouisville.org/index.html
They are also income based.
4. Ridgeway Library- 543-7675/ http://www.bcplib.org/
The library is a wonderful free resource. They provide computers with internet; DVD’s and VCR movies to check out. They have Story Hour for the smaller children that are not in school yet, Family Movie Night and a very nice summer reading program. Best of all everything is FREE! And let’s not forget the most important thing….BOOKS!
5. Office for Employment and Training- 595-4188/ http://www.kewes.ky.gov/
This is a great employment resource but don’t rely on it to be your only one if you job searching. Shepherdsville has a great Kentuckiana Employment One Stop. The ladies in there are very good at their jobs. We no longer have a local unemployment office; the closest one is now on Preston Hwy in Louisville. The number I provided above is for this office.
6. National Recall List- http://www.recalls.gov/cpsc.html
You can sign up to have all recalls emailed to you. Very useful information especially with all the recalls of children’s toys lately.
7. Weather Bug- http://ww2.weatherbug.com/aff/default.asp?zcode=z6162
You can download this to your computer desktop and get up to date weather alerts 24/7!
I recommend both of these sites because with the Family Watch Dog you can see a map that shows you where the offenders live. The Kentucky list gives you a break down of why and how long the person is required to be registered on the list.
Submitted by Robin Whitehouse, Parent 1st and 5th grade students at Shepherdsville Elementary
If you as a parent have any additional resource information to add to this site, please contact Traci Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org