TAX-FREE WEEKEND IS THIS FRIDAY, AUGUST 1 THROUGH SUNDAY, AUGUST 3, 2014!!!
Most items under $100 are exempt from sales tax for one weekend only as you gear up your child for school. A list of tax-exempt items is available on the OCPS website: www.ocps.net Go to the Parents page for more information.
Happy Back-to-School Shopping!!!!
- Shenandoah Elementary has earned an "A" grade for the 2013-2014 school year!!! Way to go Bobcats!!!
- FCAT scores are available for pickup at the school office during summer office hours. Please check the kiosk in front of the school for summer office hours.
- The 2014-2015 Sunshine State Books List is listed on the tab in the left column! The Media Center is open this summer (times listed below) so be sure to check out some books to get your child reading this summer.
- If you haven't already, ask to join the Parents of Shenandoah Elementary Facebook page. It is the quickest way to be notified of upcoming activities going on at the school. It also helps to check this website for updates regularly.
To encourage reading over the summer, the Media Center will be open for your convenience on the following Wednesdays from 2:00-5:00 PM:
6/25, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6
2014-2015 Sunshine State Books will be available for check-out and computers will be ready for students to take AR tests. Reading is a great way to relax and enjoy the summer!!! Read, read, read Bobcats!!!
On our Partners In Education tab, please see the list of businesses that support our school. We truly appreciate their support and can support them back by frequenting their businesses! Thank you and Go Bobcats!!
Don't forget to "Like" our Parents of Shenandoah Elementary Facebook Page for updates on what is going on at the school!
Don't forget to do all of your online shopping at Fuel My School!
All you have to do is go to FuelMySchool.com/Shenandoah
Click on Shop4Schools Mall
and resume your regular online shopping!
You can also grant some of our schools wishes!
UP AND COMING EVENTS
*Thursday, August 14 - Meet the Teacher - 4:00 - 6:00 pm. If you pre-ordered your Bobcat T-shirts, they will be available for pick-up at Meet the Teacher. (more details forthcoming)
*Monday, August 18 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
Check the PTA Calendar tab for a full list of events for the remainder of the school year.
* SO FAR OUR SPIRIT NIGHTS HAVE RAISED OVER $5000 FOR OUR SCHOOL! THE SCHOOL AND THE PTA WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
* We are an "A" School once again thanks to all of our hard work the students and teacher put in last year! Let's Keep it going!
* If you want to make a difference at your school please get involved with your PTA! We are always looking for new ideas to make Shenandoah the BEST school to attend!