I am a Ph. D candidate in the departments of Psychological and Brain Science, and Evolution Ecology and Behavior. The resources of my advisors, Jeffrey R. Alberts and Emília Martins, provide me with the opportunity to comparatively identify physiological and behavioral consequences of environmental structure in two model organisms, house mice (Mus musculus) and zebrafish (Danio rerio). I use video tracking software, social networks metrics, and measures of physiology to determine the impact of simple environmental mechanisms on social roles, spatial positioning, and group geometry.
- 1.2015 Zoe Austin's, NSF-REU intern, summer research was 1 of 3,700 submissions selected for the National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
- 10.2014 Delia's paper with NSF-REU inters, Brittany Price and Karen Ocasio, was accepted to the Journal of Comparative Psychology.
- 8.2014 Delia presented her research at the Animal Behavior Society conference and special workshop Behavioral Ontology in Princeton, NJ, USA.
- 4.2014 Delia is a tutor at Bethel Homework Help, which was awarded the Be More Engaged Award by the City of Bloomington Community and Family Resources Department for encouraging literacy.
- 3.2014 Delia's book chapter is now in print.
- 9.2013 Delia's profile is show cased at Southwestern University.
- 8.2013 Delia presented a talk at International Ethological Conference, in New Castle, UK.
- 7.2013 Karen Ocasio, NSF-REU intern, presented a talk at Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior
- 7.2013 Delia and Karen were featured in CISAB's NSF-REU Animal Behavior promotion video.
- 7.2013 Hannah Fox-Teague, high school intern, presented her first poster at Jim Holland Summer Science Program
- 2.2013 My research is featured at my Alma mater (3rd pic).
- 1.2013 Martins Lab members, Allison Ossip-Klein, Brittany Price and I will be presenting at 2013 Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology meeting in San Francisco, CA.
- 12.2012 I was selected as an IU-Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professor (AGEP) delegate to facilitate IU in establishing partnerships in Malaysia especially with Universiti Teknologi Mara(UiTM) and Universiti of Malaya(UM) in Kuala Lumpur.
- 10.2012 Alberts Lab attends International Society for Developmental Psychobiology in New Orleans, LA.