Shelter Don Bosco aims to empower these youth by offering them career options, enhancing knowledge and skills with respect to job opportunities, enabling them to choose appropriate job training that will in turn lead to secure employment. Information on career opportunities will also be made available to personnel from NGOs and Community Based Organisations. Shelter Don Bosco Facilitates children with Career Counseling, Udaan- A National Career Mela, and A Career Expo for Marginalized Youth (Annual event), Chota Udaan(monthly) and have now launched a Career Market Place called Naukriadda- a platform where children from various ngos can acess the webpage for choosing career options suitable to their profile.
1) “I am happy to know that I have so many opportunities for courses and jobs even after have less educational qualifications”- Shahid
2) “ Seeing so many options, I am confused but will surely choose what I want to do in the near future”- Sujeet .
Career Mela Ideology
Success Of a Child’s Career
1) Creating a Vision For Education
2) Education through Play
3) Non-Formal Classes
4) Formal Schooling
5) Alternative Education /NIOS
6) Short term Training Programs/Apprenticeship
8) Career Guidance and Choosing the Right Career Plan
9) On the Job Training /Job Placement s
10) 6 months Room Policy
11) Past Pupil’s Association
12) Independent Living