I am a Ph.D. candidate at The University of Iowa studying issues related to security and privacy under the supervision of Zubair Shafiq. My research focuses on systematically investigating various types of abuses (e.g. spam, fraud, data misuse) on popular online social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. To this end, I perform longitudinal measurement studies to design data-driven countermeasures that can help online social networks in mitigating this abuse.
- My research on abuse of Third-Party applications on Twitter was covered by WIRED, Engadget
- Our work "Measurement and Early Detection of Third-Party Application Abuse on Twitter" has been accepted in WWW 2019.
- Awarded Post-Comprehensive Research Fellowship by the Graduate College
- My research on the abuse of Facebook and Twitters apps was featured in Iowa Now
- Interned at ICSI, Berkeley in summer 2018
- Received the Best Paper Award at ACM IMC 2017.
- My research on abuse of OAuth access tokens was covered by [ CNET ] [ Daily Mail ] [ Fortune ] [ CBS News ]
- I am attending ACM IMC 2017.
- Our work "Accurate Detection of Automatically Spun Content via Stylometric Analysis" has been accepted in ICDM 2017.
- Our work "Measuring and Mitigating OAuth Access Token Abuse by Collusion Networks" has been accepted in ACM IMC 2017.
- Shadow PC member for IMC 2017.
- Our work "Measuring, Characterizing, and Detecting Facebook Like Farms" has been accepted in ACM TOPS.
- I am attending IEEE S&P'17 in San Jose, CA.
- I have been awarded IEEE S&P'17 travel grant.
- Our work "Characterizing Key Stakeholders in an Online Black-Hat Marketplace" has been accepted in eCrime'17.
- I am attending NDSS'17 in San Diego, CA.
- I am attending ACM IMC'16 in Santa Monica, CA.
- I am attending IEEE CNS 2016 in Philadelphia, PA.
- I have been awarded ACM IMC'16 travel grant.
- I am attending USENIX Security '16 in Austin, TX.
- Our work on Malware propagation on traffic exchanges has been accepted in IEEE/IFIP DSN 2016.