In this lesson we define vectors in two ways. One way is called polar and the other is called Cartesian.
By the end of this lesson you will:
- be able to define vectors using coordinates (Cartesian definition)
- be able to define vectors using length and angle (Polar definition)
- convert a vector from Cartesian notation to Polar notation
- converta vector form Polar notation to Cartesian notation
Deliverables- Please watch the 2 following videos.
- Please memorize the two definitions of a vector
- Please complete the problems to convert from Polar to Cartesian
- Please complete the problems to convert from Cartesian to Polar
This first video states the two ways of defining a vector
This second video gives the general formulas for converting back and forth from polar and cartesian. Please have these formulas memorized