This lesson will review some basic trigonometry. The expectation is that you already know this information. I am reviewing it, because I expect you to walk into class the first day knowing it cold.
By the end of this lesson you will:
- be able to define the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle using a unit circle
- define the sine, cosine and tangent of an angle using a right triangle
- memorize SOH-CAH-TOA and be able to use it
- memorize the sine, cosine, tangent of all the special angles
- define a vector quantity.
Deliverables- Please watch the 2 following videos.
- Please memorize the sine, cosine, and tangent of all the angles in the Trig.Values.pdf OR go to Quizlet.com and use the flashcards to memorize these trig values.
- Please complete all of the homework problems assigned. Bring them to class the first day
- The first homework is in the attachment called Trig.Special.Angles.pdf
- The first homework is the attachment called Trig.Special.Angles.pdf
I will only check these assignments for completeness. To actually make sure you know the homework you will have an in-class quiz.
In this video we define sine,cosine and tangent using the unit circle
In this video we define the sine,cosine, and tangent using triangles
At the end I draw a vector but do not define it.