- Why is Shakespeare considered to be the greatest writer in English Literature?
- Why is Don Quixote considered to be one of the great masterpieces of world literature?
- What happened the 23rd of April 1616?
- What do we celebrate the 23rd of April every year?
To answer these questions, we are going to learn all about Shakespeare and Cervantes.
Let´s start with SHAKESPEARE.
Read about William Shakespeare. You can use this dictionary to help you.
And answer the following questions:
1. In which century was he born?2. When was he born?
3. In which town was he born?
4. Which river is associated with Shakespeare´s birth place?
5. Shakespeare lived during the reign of which English monarchs?
6. Why is Shakespeare´s nickname the Bard?
7. How many plays and sonnets did he write?
8. Who said "O, Romeo,Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo"?
9. The line "To be or not to be" comes from which play?
a) King lear b) Richard II c) Julius Caesar d) Hamlet
a) A Roman Amphitheater b) An Elizabethan Theatre
An Elizabethan sports stadium d) A famous map of the world.
11. True or False: Was Shakespeare an actor as well as a poet and playwright?
12. True or False: Was the movie "Shakespeare in Love" a true story?
13. Did he invent words?
14. When did he die?
Have a look at Shakespeare´s works.
four of your classmates, choose one of these plays. First read the plot
summary (click on the title).
Then move around your class and form a new group where everyone has read a different play and talk about
the play you have read.
Let´s start with Cervantes
Read about Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra and answer the following questions:
Read the plot summary and tell your partner the story.
Who are the main characters? Describe them.