Jini is somewhat like RMI, with the difference that
- The registry service startup anoucement is automatic,
- Old services will introduce themselves to the newly started registry service
- Registry finding is done via a broadcast to the network (doesn't need to hard code a specific machine)
- Service announcement is automatic (a new service broadcasts the network and the registries will register it)
- Lease Time: Time the registry will keep the information about the service and requires service to renew it before its ed.
- + Instead of registering by name, services are registered by the interface they implement.