Syed Hassan Ahmed (S'13 - M'17) [ سید حسان احمد ] received his B.S in Computer Science from Kohat University of Science and Technology, Pakistan. Later, he joined School of Computer Science and Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Korea, where he completed his Masters combined Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at the Monet Lab under the supervision of Prof. Dongkyun Kim. In 2015, he has been a visiting researcher at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA. Since 2012, he has published over 60 International Journal and Conference papers in the field of wireless communications. Along with several book chapters, he also authored 2 Springer brief books. For the three consecutive years, 2014-2016, he won the Best Research Contributor award in the workshop on Future Researches of Computer Science and Engineering, KNU, South Korea. In 2016, he also won the Qualcomm Innovation Award at KNU, South Korea. Moreover, he is the recipient of IEEE and ACM Travel Grants for prestigious conferences like IEEE CCNC 2016, ACM ICN 2016, and ACM SAC 2017. He is an active IEEE/ACM member and serving several reputed conferences/journals as a TPC and Reviewer respectively. His research interests include Wireless Sensors and Ad hoc Networks, Cyber-Physical Systems, Vehicular Communications, and Future Internet.
- ACM SigApp Travel Grant for ACM SAC 2017, Marrakesh, Morocco, April 2017.
- ACM SigApp Travel Grant for ACM ICN 2016, Kyoto, Japan, September 2016.
- Best Research Contribution Award (Brain Korea (BK+), KNU, South Korea), Feb 2016.
- International Student Liaison at Intelligent Transportation Society of America, (ITSA@GT), January 2016.
- Visiting Research Fellow @ Georgia Institute of Technology (GaTech), Atlanta, USA. (June-August), 2015.
- Top Research Contribution Award (Brain Korea (BK+), KNU, South Korea), 2015.
- Best Research Paper Presentation Award (KNU, South Korea), 2014.
- CITAC (Centre of IT Automobiles Convergence), Research Grant, 2013.
- KNU Honors Scholarship (MS/Ph.D. @ KNU, South Korea), 2013.
- Visiting Research Fellow (CAST, COMSATS Islamabad, Pakistan), 2012-2013.
- Best Final Year Research Award (BS level @ KUST, Pakistan), 2012.