*New York State Public Education Day of Action Thursday March 3rd!!
SFT MEMBERS ARE BEING ASKED TO WEAR RED AND PARTICIPATE IN TWO EVENTS!
Happy Hour at Centre Street Pub (flyer attached)
Thursday March 3rd 308 Union St.
Locals from all over the Capital District will be coming to together to socialize and take political actions to support NYSUT’s lobbying day on .
-There will be food, a DJ, and raffles.
-This is a family friendly event.
Rally At Lincoln Elementary School (flyer attached)
AQE, Citizen Action and NYSUT are hosting a rally on
This is the Facebook page for this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1678524155753013/
*Equitable Funding Petition Drive is taking place!
SFT Building Directors will be asking all members to sign a petition created by the Campaign 4 Equity Funding –Schenectady. This organization was started by local clergy in Schenectady and the petition reads We the undersigned demand by means of this petition our elected officials to more fully represent us and provide 100% of the state funding (62 million) to the children of the Schenectady’s School District by fully implementing the Foundation Aid Formula for this fiscal year and continuing thereafter. The goal is to have the petitions filled out by so that they can be delivered to state officials as a part of the Schenectady Lobby Day on March 7th (more details on the below).
*Schenectady Lobby Day March 7th
You are all invited to join the Campaign 4 Equity Funding Schenectady in a time of prayer and in meeting with legislators at the Governor's Mansion on , as we lobby for the $60 Million that is due to the Schenectady School District.
Attached is the event flyer, and below is the day's schedule.
- Bus departs at Emmanuel Friedens Church, 218 Nott Terrace, Schenectady
- Bus arrives at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 275 State Street, Albany
- Speakers at the Church welcome and go over talking points
- Posters and Lunch - We will make hand-drawn signs to bring to the Capitol and eat a bagged lunch
- March to the Capitol and get through security
- Press Conference in War Room on 2nd floor of the Capitol with Labor Religion Coalition
- meet with Senators Farley and Amedore (All pastors will be asked to participate.)
- Bus leaves for Schenectady