Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd or Rogue Runs.
1. By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the websites www.rogueruns.com and www.severnbridgehalfmarathon.com and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
3. Refunds will not be payable if ‘Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd’ are forced to cancel, or in any way change the event due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or other circumstances amounting to force majeure. In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement of sporting events for whatever reason, ‘Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd’ cannot be held responsible in any way for any monetary loss, inconvenience or any other circumstances outside of our control, including non-refundable events fees.
4. Entry transfers will be possible on-line up till 3rd August and must be made by logging into Fabian 4 (as you did when you entered) and changing the details yourself. Additional administration fees may be required in some circumstances. It will be possible to transfer entries on the day of the race also - the new runner needs to fill out a transfer form so that they are correctly placed in the results.
5. If any details provided by you on registration change, you must either undertake changes to your entry yourself or notify Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd by email within 5 days of the race day. Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
6. All participants must be above the minimum age for the advertised distance on the day of the event.
7. You are responsible for ensuring that you are medically fit and healthy and have sought appropriate medical advice before undertaking the event. You are also responsible for ensuring that you have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
8. You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that ‘Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd’ cannot be liable for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
9. Road racing requires certain skills, and a judgement that is not necessarily acquired through social running. Whilst the Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd makes every effort to minimise certain objective dangers, the participant needs to understand that they need to assess what they see and hear, and so tailor their speed accordingly to suit the different elements of the course.
10. You must abide by the rules of the relevant affiliating body for the event - ARC/UKA. Furthermore you must abide by any specific rules communicated to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
11. You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and the Event Team. If you behave in a manner, which in the Event Organiser’s opinion, is contrary to the spirit of the event or in a way which risks the safety of any other participants, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and being asked to leave the venue.
12. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
13. You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that images containing you may be used by the Event Organiser either in relation to the event or in order to promote other events organised by ‘Severn Bridge Half Marathon Ltd' or 'Rogue Runs’.
14. By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by ‘Severn Bridge Half Marathon’ to contact you regarding future events.
15. All awards must be collected at the event presentation, unless through prior arrangement with the Event Organiser.
16. No personal audio devices e.g. MP3 players, are to be worn during the Severn Bridge 10k and Half Marathon for safety reasons - you may not be able to hear the approach of other road users or the verbal instructions from Race Officials. Runners not complying with this rule may be disqualified from the event (and any future events).