This is our new PVP map in the shape of Africa with a twist, made primarily by Bluedude. Many resources (including coal, iron, diamonds, redstone, and more) are not found naturally, and thus severely limited primarily available through trading with villagers at spawn with glowstone. Glowstone is available from killing strange monsters that spawn around four villages spread out throughout the map at night, excluding the spawn town. You can enter The Outlands from spawn.
Since this map has a scarcity of resources, the rules are a little different than the last few PvP maps we've had.
1. Player houses are off limits! This primarily means do not destroy them! (The accepted rule is the only thing you can do is press buttons/levers/pressure plates/etc and interact with storage units)
2. One house per player! If it has your bed (permanently), it is your house! You can build as many shanties and lean-tos as necessary to make it across the Outlands, but the number one rule will not apply. Be courteous and put up a sign.
3. Just because the house itself is off limits doesn't mean the contents are! Hide your shit and hide it well!
4. Do not sail across the ocean! Stick to the mainland!
5. Murder mercilessly!
In order to enter the Outlands, you will go through a teleport similar to the one we have to Frostheim. However, when you go over this teleport your inventory will be wiped permanently, so store your things before embarking! There will several reminders at the site before you can get to the teleport. If you lose your things, they will not be replaced
6. Spawn is a safe zone! Do not kill people within spawn and use your discretion for those near spawn.
Don't cheat. If you do we will teleport you to the skydiving plane hovering at the top of the map.
One Last Thing!
The map might be subject to periodic... surprises. Stay tuned!